Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Slow Cooker Roast w/ Veggies and Gravy & Lemon Cake with "Fluffy Frosting"

Today is a Birthday Celebration in our family so we are making a Slow Cooker Roast with Carrots and Potatoes and Lemon Cake with "Fluffy Frosting". (Lemon Cake and "Fluffy Frosting" pictures to come later)

My Slow Cooker Roast is super easy.  


First I mix together 1 can of cream of ...(I had chicken you can use whatever kind of cream of you like :)), 1 Packet of Onion soup mix, and 1/4 can of water. (this will make your gravy for your roast)


Then I cut up my small potatoes (only have about 2 more handfuls left to use for a meal sooner than later) and washed about 1/3 package of baby carrots.


I then put my 2 lb chuck roast in the slow cooker and covered 1st with the soup mixture, 
then the potatoes and carrots. 
This will be cooked on high for 4 hours and then dropped to low until I am ready to serve.

Meal Break Down:

2 lb Chuck Roast= $6.66 
($3.33/lb (average from 1/2 beef that 
includes roasts, ground beef, etc)) 
1 Onion Soup Mix= $.50
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup= $.47
1/3 Package Baby Carrots= $.33
2 Handfuls Small Potatoes= $1
Water=FREE

Total Cost for Meal (not including cake) =$7.97 
(divided by 5 people= $1.59/person)

Including Cake 
(break down was divided by 5 but know this cake 
will last for more servings than that):
Cake Mix=$.99
Sugar= $.25
Cream of Tater= $.05
3 Egg Whites= $.24
Total Cake Cost= $1.53

Total Cost of Meal Including Cake= $9.50 ($1.90/person)

No comments:

Post a Comment