Saturday, September 22, 2012

Tortilla Pepperoni Pizza



So today is an icky, icky day where I live....hail woke me up this morning followed by thunder, lightening and lots of rain.  Like I said...ICKY!

Needless to say outside activities were out and the kids were BORED so I decided to let them help with lunch.

To make this meal you need Tortillas (I used burrito style but you can use whole wheat, homemade, small, large, etc.  It's a world of possibilities :)), Pizza Sauce, Cheese and Pepperoni.


 First we took 1 flour tortilla each


 We then added Pizza Sauce and Pepperoni.

(Don't mind my crazy sink....we had done a "science experiment" with the pop bottles last night and they kind of got put to the side in the sink for the time being.)
Last we added cheese to the pizza.



We then put the pizza's on baking stones at 425 degrees for 4 to 5 min and they were done.



How easy is this to make you ask?  Well my 2 & 5 year old's seemed to manage just fine so I would say it's pretty easy!  :)

Tortilla Pepperoni Pizza Meal Cost Break Down

3-Tortillas (1- 8pk=$1.20/8= $.15 ea)= $.45
1/8 cup Pizza Sauce ($.99/Jar (approx 2 cups)/16= $.06
1/2 cup cheese ($.82/8 oz bag (on Sale with Coupons))= $.21
Pepperoni ($2.50/pk/98 slices per pack= $.03/slice) 
= $.61 (24 slices)

Total Cost of Meal: 
$1.33 (this is $.44/pizza and we all are super full)

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment