Monday, April 7, 2014

Taco Salad in 5 Minutes

Last night was one of THOSE nights... 
The family had had a long week, we had worked outside in the fresh air and when we came in everyone was HUNGRY and had no patience to wait for dinner.  
Instead of calling the local pizza place and waiting at least 30 minutes longer for dinner 
I decided to make a Taco Salad for everyone.  
I know what you are thinking, 
"by the time you take the burger out and cook it up along with veggie prep you might as well have ordered pizza."   

Fortunately, from start to finish my dinner took me 5 minutes from start to finish.

5 Minutes....you must be joking me!  

It's no joke, it can be done!

To get a meal on the table in 5 min takes a little planning but every second of pre-planning is worth 
the time you don't have to spend making dinner.

This is how I accomplished dinner in 5 Minutes:

On Thursday my family had chili for dinner.  At that time I cooked up twice the meat that I usually use for my chili.  Before adding all the goodies (beans, tomatoes, etc) after browning my meat I removed 1/2 of the meat, put it in a freezer bag (after cooled) and threw it in the freezer, this took me maybe a minute tops.

Last night all I had to do was throw the meat in the microwave to de-frost and while that was thawing I got my plates, chips, sour cream, cheese and tomatoes out and washed or plated those items (had I had lettuce I would have added that).  When the burger was done in the microwave I added it to the goodies on the plate and dinner was done.  

Fast Simple and easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment