Monday, November 28, 2011

Pasta with Sauce and Cheese Garlic Bread



Tonight was Pasta with Sauce and 
Cheese Garlic Bread for dinner.



I used 1 box of Pasta, 1 can of sauce, 1 8oz brick of Mozzarella cheese, 5 sub rolls (which I froze from earlier) and a dab of margarine and a sprinkle of garlic powder.



While cooking the pasta, I put the sauce in a microwaveable bowl and cooked that for 3 min. 



I then started the Cheese Garlic Bread.  I took the rolls that I had frozen from earlier.


Added margarine, garlic powder and
mozzarella cheese.


I threw this in the oven at 450 for 6 minutes or until the cheese was melted.

In the mean time I finished up the pasta, sauce and finished shredding my cheese.


I then served this together and we had a meal for 4 (with more than enough bread!)

Total Cost:

Pasta (1 box): $.24 (one sale with a coupon)

Sauce (1 Can): $1

8oz Block of Cheese: $1.66 (on sale)

Bread (5 pcs): $.52

Sprinkle of Garlic Powder: $.02

Dab of Margarine: $.05

Total Cost of Meal: $3.49 ($.87/person)

No comments:

Post a Comment