Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Dinner with Pie for 7

Tonight was my first night cooking for 7.  To be honest I was super nervous that there wouldn't be enough food but it all worked!

We had BBQ Chicken, Oven Baked Potato Slices, Green Beans, Salad and Blackberry Pie with Ice Cream.

First I took 14 Chicken Drumsticks and put them in a Large Slow Cooker sprinkled with a Crushed peppercorn and Garlic Rub and Seasoned Salt, covered with 1 Large Bottle of BBQ Sauce and what I had left of a Small Bottle of BBQ Sauce, and 1/2 large bottle water.  I then cooked this on low for 10 hours.

I served these with Oven Roasted Potato Wedges.  I cut up potatoes into 8 pcs covered them with olive oil and then sprinkled them with the same seasonings that I used on the chicken.  I then cooked at 425 for 30 min.

  I then threw a couple of bags of frozen green beans in the microwave 


and cut up a head of lettuce and grated a few carrots into that.


To finish the meal I baked a Blackberry Pie and served with Ice Cream.


Total Cost of Meal:

1 Family Pack of Chicken Drumsticks: $5.25
11/2 Bottles of BBQ Sauce: $.24 (on sale with coupons)
Seasonings (total for meal): $.10
Head of Lettuce: $.25 (on sale)
2 Baby Carrots: $.02
2 Bags of Frozen Green Beans: $2.00
1/2- 5lb bag of Potatoes: $1.25
Olive Oil: FREE (with Sale and Coupon)
Pie Crust: $1.50 (on sale with coupon)
Black Berries (3 packs @ $.50): $1.50
1/2 Cup Sugar: $.25
1/2 Cup Flour: $.15
Ice Cream (from large tub that has been used a million times...maybe not a million but you get my drift :) ): $.50

Total Cost for Meal: $13.01 ($1.89/person)


No comments:

Post a Comment