Thursday, December 15, 2011

Birthday Party on a Budget

My youngest turned 2 this month so we held a family birthday party.  Being December I wanted to spend as little as possible on the party so I did it on the budget :)



The menu was sub sandwiches, chips, meatballs, and cupcakes.

For the subs I had buns, lettuce, cheese and turkey and ham.

I bought buns in bulk in my local stores bakery.  I bought a bag of 24 French Steak Buns for $3.88 making each roll $.16 each.


I served these with American Cheese slices and lettuce.

I had 2 different meats (turkey and ham) and I served this with mustard, ketchup, and mayo.

I offered 2 kinds of chips.

The meatballs that I served are super easy to make.



I took one bag of meatballs added a bottle of chili sauce and a large jar of concord grape jelly.  Put all of these in a slow cooker on high until meatballs are cooked through completely and the chili sauce and jelly are mixed together.

Lastly, I served cupcakes.



There was enough food for 13 people and there were PLENTY of leftovers!!

Cost Break Down:

French Steak Buns:  $.16 each = $2.08 for 13 buns
American Cheese (1 pk): $2.50
Lettuce (1 head): $.38 (on sale)
Lunch Meat (2 bags): $6.76 ($3.38 each)
Mayo, Ketchup and Mustard: $1.50

2 Bags Chips: $2.36

1 Bag Meatballs: $1.99
1 Bottle Chili Sauce: $1.36
1 Jar Grape Jelly: $1.89

1 Box Cake Mix: $1
1 Container Frosting: $1.25

Total Cost for Party: $23.07 ($1.77/person)





No comments:

Post a Comment