Thursday, December 15, 2011

Chicken Burritos


Tonight I made Chicken Burritos.

I used 2 of the chicken bags that I had frozen earlier (see link) from my rotisserie chicken that I had broken up and frozen earlier.  I put that in a skillet (after defrosting) with 1 Tablespoon of Taco Seasoning.  I warmed that until heated through.  


I then put the chicken in tortillas put in casserole dishes and covered with cheese.  I then cooked that at 450 for 10 min (until cheese is melted). 



 I then served this with lettuce, salsa and sour cream.

Meal Break Down:

Soft Tortillas (10 pk): $.99 ($.79 for 8)
2 pkgs of Chicken from previous Rotisserie: $1.20 ea= $2.40 total
Taco Seasoning (1 Tbsp): $.05
4 oz Shredded Cheese: $.94
3 tsp Sour Cream: $.15
1 tsp Salsa: FREE (jar was free with sales and coupons)
2 leafs of Lettuce from head of lettuce earlier: $.01


Total for Meal: $4.34 ($1.09/person)



No comments:

Post a Comment