Saturday, November 12, 2011

5 Meals from One Rotisserie Chicken



Today I bought a Rotisserie Chicken to use for a few different meals.  I don't usually buy these but didn't have time to cook my own in the slow cooker and decided that if I could make it stretch that the cost wouldn't be that bad.

I used the breast meat for my hubby's birthday dinner and then picked the rest of the meat off and put in vacuum packed  freezer bags (3-1 cup bags).  I plan on using this chicken for chicken pot pie, chicken salad sandwiches and chicken noodle soup or maybe chicken BBQ sandwiches...hmmm.  I then put the bones and skin in my slow cooker and covered with water and set on low for 8 hours.  I am doing this to make chicken stock to use in a potato soup.



Total Cost for the Rotisserie Chicken was $5.99 so the cost for the meat for each of these meals is $1.20.

No comments:

Post a Comment