Saturday, January 28, 2012

Taco, Black Bean and Rice Skillet Meal


Tonight I reallllly didn't feel like making a huge dinner so I went through my cupboards, freezer and fridge to find out what we might be having... 

This is what I came up with.  

I had 1/2 lb taco meat in the freezer so I used that (this was frozen when I cooked up 2 lbs of Hamburger earlier this week and froze 4-1/2lb bags.)


I also had a can of Black Beans and a quart of Tomatoes so in those went too.


I threw in the brown rice I had been cooking while mixing all of this together..


Cooked this mixture down so that there was very little juice left
and then served with a sprinkle of shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.


Can't get much simpler than that :)

Cost for Meal:

1/2 lb Taco Meat: $1.67
1 Can Black Beans: $.68
1/2 Quart Canned Tomatoes: FREE from garden
1 Cup Cooked Rice: $.10
1 oz Shredded Cheese: .21
4 Dollops of Sour Cream: Approx $.15

Total Cost of the Meal: 
$2.81 (4 servings= $.70/serving)


No comments:

Post a Comment